This is a perfect title for this blog post.
It's also comes from the name of the Brownie Girl Scout Try-it, Listening it the past
With our upcoming trip to my hometown, I thought this was the perfect time to work on this patch. She needs to complete 4 out of 6 of the activities.
- Community Stories – listen to and share the stories of some of the oldest people in your community.
- If These Buildings Could Talk – visit historic buildings, monuments, and sites in your neighborhood (just what you are doing now!)
- Visit the Oldest Cemetery – visit a cemetery and learn some interesting facts as you look about, make rubbings, and search for different things.
- Tell Stories of the Past – learn and share two stories written in the past or about the past (there are lots of very interesting stories to learned here!)
- Acting Out – act out a scene from the past involving an historical or fictional character.
- Games of the Past – learn to play a fun game of the past and teach it to others!
Throughout the week her and I are going to work on this and prepare for what needs to be done in NJ. I can't wait and neither can she. I post next week when we come home with her finished work!